Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment in 2022
Vanuatu has successfully operated the Development Support Program (DSP), since its launch in January 2017. The Program raises funds in support of the further development of the country through attracting high net worth applicants to take Citizenship of Vanuatu.
Applications are processed by a dedicated operations team in Vanuatu to ensure all documents are presented in the correct format and manner for consideration by the Vanuatu Citizenship Commission.
Vanuatu Citizenship Application Process
The application process is straight-forward and efficient, and has three stages with different documents to submit as follows: :
1st Stage: Initial Due Diligence
This stage is carried out by the Vanuatu Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) leading to the issue of a letter of clearance for Citizenship, subject to completing the remaining document and process formalities. For this stage, identification documents and police clearance are needed to execute the due diligence.
2nd Stage: Full Document Submission
Upon written confirmation of no adverse findings by the FIU, the applicant submits a completed application form along with all relevant documents (as detailed in a checklist document) together with the application payment. For this stage, we will gather your financial, bank and status of residency documents according to your situation.
3rd Stage: Citizenship Ceremony
Following receipt of written confirmation of Citizenship, the final step is the attendance at an Oath Swearing Ceremony, where the new Citizen receives their Certificate of Vanuatu Citizenship as well as their new Vanuatu Passport. The Oath Ceremony is hosted via an online video call to accommodate applicants from around the world.
Requirements to apply to Vanuatu Citizenship
- Be over 18 years old (unless sponsored)
- No criminal record or political exposure
- Good Health
- Good financial and professional background
Benefits of the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment
- Fast and simple processing (around 45-60 days). No language requirement.
- Visa-free access to over 100 countries, including the UK, Singapore, Russia, and many other key business destinations. The visa-free list is being added to each year.
- No requirement to visit or to reside in the country to obtain Citizenship.
- Hereditary Citizenship.
- Citizenship of a friendly, welcoming tax-free country – voted “second happiest country on the planet” in 2021.
- Full Vanuatu Citizen rights (less the right to vote or stand for public office).
- Highly attractive location for living – environmentally pristine environment with comfortable climate year-round.
- Oath Swearing Ceremony via video-link. Crypto currency payments possible via partner channels.
- Currently the only Citizenship program in the Asia-Pacific Hemisphere.